Trillium Road Landfill Site Set to Re-Open
Published on 5 May 2020
The Township of South Stormont will open the Trillium Road Landfill Site with parameters to encourage safe operations.
The Landfill will be open May 13-16, and May 20-23, 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m., with a closure from 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. for lunch hour.
Access Based on Residence
The following restrictions will be in place to manage the number of visitors to the landfill.
May 13 and 20 – Only residents living west of Wales Road (County Road 12) will be permitted.
May 14 and 21 – Only residents living east of Wales Road (County Road 12) will be permitted.
May 15, 16, 22 and 23 – Open to all residents
Only Valid Landfill Passes Will be Accepted – No Cash, Cheques, Debit or Credit.
There will be no monetary transactions at the landfill site and only valid landfill passes will be accepted as “payment”. Those who have not received their 2020 landfill pass, or those who have already used their 2 free passes for 2020, must contact Town Hall to request a landfill pass be mailed to you. A $15 charge per trip applies to those who have already used their 2 free passes.
Procedure to Obtain a Landfill Pass
- Please call (613) 534-8889 or email email@example.com and provide your name, address, and telephone number to request a landfill pass.
- If you have already used your two free landfill passes, you can receive a pass for $15.00 per trip
- Payment can be made by cheque, payable to the Township of South Stormont.
- Cheques can be mailed to P.O. Box 84, Long Sault, ON K0C 1P0. Cheques can also be dropped off in the drop box located outside the main entrance of Town Hall (2 Mille Roches Road, Long Sault)
- Please include your mailing address with payment
- Passes will not be issued until payment has been received.
Further openings or adjustments to this schedule will be continuously reviewed and updates will be provided on www.southstormont.ca and Official Township of South Stormont Facebook and Twitter Pages
Continue to Practice Social Distancing
While the landfill will be open to the public, it is crucial residents remain vigilant in the practice of social and physical distancing. Please stay clear of other residents and attendants while unloading your waste and avoid visiting longer than necessary.