Trans-Northern Pipelines Water Crossing Inspection Program
Published on 1 May 2019
The following is a notice provided by Trans-Northern Pipelines regarding the upcoming Water Crossing Inspection Program.
Subject: 2019 Water Crossing Inspection Program
As part of maintenance procedures, Trans-Northern Pipelines (TNPI) must complete various inspections of its pipelines. This letter is to inform you that TNPI has contracted BGC Engineering Inc. (BGC) to conduct our 2019 Water Crossing Inspection Program. Work is to take place beginning on or around May 65t, 2019 and ending around May 15th, 2019 weather and work schedules permitting.
The reason for the survey is to ensure that the pipelines have the necessary cover to maximize their protection along slopes and at water crossings. At the site the field crew will be pinpointing the exact location of the pipe(s) using pipe locating instruments and making observations at the streams and slopes to assess site conditions over or adjacent to our pipeline.
Please note that no excavation or ground disturbance activities will occur.
What to expect:
• Work is scheduled 7 days per week from 7:00 AM until 7:00 PM and could happen at any time. Every effort will be made to avoid any disturbance to landowners.
• You may notice a parked vehicle or see two or three people (wearing high visibility vests) from TNPI or BGC walking on your property to access the right-of-way.
• All vehicles will remain within the road limits or lanes.
• The field work will be done on foot so as not to damage the land. No heavy equipment will enter the property.
• TNPI or BGC worker(s) will spend roughly an hour at the site gathering information on streams and slopes to ensure adequate coverage of our pipeline.
We appreciate your cooperation and understanding in allowing us to perform inspections required by federal regulations, for your safety and for the safe operation and maintenance of our pipeline. Should you have any questions please call us (289) 475-5391 for an English representative or email email@example.com .
Trans-Northern Pipelines Inc.