Township Extends Second Interim Tax Due Dates
Published on 6 May 2020
Due to the rapidly changing nature of the COVID 19 Virus the Township of South Stormont hopes the measures outlined below will reduce the burden some residents may experience due to changes in employment or family situation as a result of the Coronavirus situation.
May 29, 2020 Property Tax Accounts:
On Wednesday, April 29th, the Township of South Stormont extended the second interim tax due date by 30 days, to June 30, 2020, and have also waived interest and penalty charges for the months of May, June and July.
Pre-Authorized Tax Payment Accounts
Residents who pay their property taxes by pre-authorized payments ON THE DUE DATE will have their interim property tax bill payment withdrawn on June 30, 2020.
Residents who currently pay their property taxes by pre-authorized payments or by post-dated cheques IN MONTHLY INSTALLMENTS will have their payments withdrawn on the regularly scheduled withdrawal dates.
Financial Difficulties Options
If you are experiencing financial difficulties and cannot make your payment, you MUST contact the Township at email@example.com to request alternate payment options.
Requests must indicate the following information:
- This is a request for delay in Property Tax PAP installment
- Name of owner
- Address of property for the tax installment
- Roll number for the property (located on the bill or identified as account number)
- Indicate if this request is for the June installment or both the June and July installments.
- Indicate how and when property owner proposes payments will be made.
- Provide contact information so staff can verify and discuss payment options.
Due to the timing limitations and the need to support staff to stay healthy, we cannot process delayed payments if all the information listed above is not provided. Thank you very much for your understanding.
Please take advantage of the Township’s payment method options, such as online/telephone banking.