Public Meeting Regarding Housekeeping Update to Zoning By-law
Published on 9 September 2019
On Wednesday, September 18th, 2019 at 7:00 PM in the Township Council Chambers, a Public Meeting will be held where Council will be seeking public input on potential changes to the Zoning By-Law : Z-2019-09. All are welcome to attend and encouraged to provide feedback.
Some potential changes that may be considered include, but are not limited to:
- Increasing the maximum height permitted for accessory buildings in the Rural and Agricultural zones and clarifying minimum lot sizes for keeping livestock;
- Updating secondary unit and accessory dwelling standards;
- Reviewing the potential to permit the keeping of chickens or other poultry in urban areas;
- Update standards for cannabis facilities to align with Health Canada licensing;
- Reviewing development standards for corner lots and exterior side yards;
- Consideration of restrictions for parking recreational and other large vehicles in residential areas;
- The creation of a new multi-story mixed-use zone;
- Various changes to definitions and general provisions to improve the clarity of the by-law; and,
- Changes to the zone mapping of eight (8) individual properties to reflect use(s) on the lands and correct any technical errors.
For additional details regarding the Public Meeting and draft amendments, please visit our Development Applications Page.