Community Food Share is There to Help!
Published on 25 March 2020
Residents in South Stormont experiencing food insecurity at any time, including the difficult COVID-19 pandemic, are encouraged to make arrangements with Community Food Share.
Community Food Share distributes emergency food aid to the residents of Dundas and Stormont Counties through two food bank locations, Winchester and Morrisburg.
To ensure the safety of the staff, volunteers and clients, adjustments have been made to the Community Food Share processes during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Food banks remain open for their usual hours (see below)
- Clients will receive prepared hampers with food.
- Each client is given a five-day supply of nutritionally-balanced food for each family member
- Clients are currently allowed to visit once per month
- Clients must choose which food bank they will visit to avoid overlap of service.
If you are in need of food, please call Community Food Share to schedule and appointment and leave a message on the voicemail. Someone will return your call prior to opening hours to schedule your appointment to visit.
Identification and proof of residency is required to access Community Food Share aid. However, should you be in isolation, you may send someone to pick up food for you.
Hours of Operation (same hours for each location)
Morrisburg - (613) 534-0065
Winchester - (613) 774-0188
Monday: 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Wednesday: 7 p.m. - 9 p.m.
Thursday: 1 p.m. - 3 p.m.