The Township issues Lottery Licenses for Break Open Tickets (Nevadas), Raffle Lotteries with prize values up to $50,000 and Bingo events with prize boards up to $5,500. There are no Bingo Halls located in South Stormont.
All lotteries require a license and can only be issued to charitable or non-profit organizations as defined by the Alcohol & Gaming Commission of Ontario. Organizations which have never been issued a licence must first complete the Lottery Licence Eligibility Questionnaire to determine if they are eligible to apply.
Proceeds from lotteries must be used for a charitable, educational, or religious object or purpose in the Province of Ontario.
Prior to the issuance of a license, the applicant must:
- Submit proof of charitable status (first license only);
- Submit a signed Raffle Application Form or Break Open Ticket Application Form;
- Meet all Provincial terms and conditions, including financial reporting;
- Provide any necessary documentation required by the Licensing Officer; and
- Pay lottery license fee.
Township staff review all Lottery License applications to determine specific eligibility. Refer to "A User's Guide to Charitable Gaming & Lottery Licensing" for further information.
Lottery Licence Fees
- Raffle Lottery*: $10.00
- Break Open Lottery Tickets: 3% of prize value
*except "Catch the Ace"
Applications and Reports
All applications and report forms for lottery licensing are available below, or online at the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario website.