Curbside Garbage Collection
Council adopted a Waste Management by-law on June 26, 2013 to regulate waste collection and landfill use in the Township of South Stormont.
Curbside garbage collection:
- Curbside garbage is collected weekly; please refer to the annual Waste Management Calendar for your scheduled day.
- Due to a number of factors, collection times may change. Please be on time and place ALL items at the curb by 7:00 am on your garbage day.
- During winter months, ensure that material is free of snow and ice and visible to the collection crew. Do not place materials on top of snowbanks.
- Do not dispose of syringes and needles in your garbage. It is illegal and dangerous. Please contact your pharmacy or place of purchase for proper disposal methods.
- Residents may place a maximum of 2 garbage containers per week for collection at the curb. Commercial businesses and registered farms are permitted up to a maximum of 6 garbage containers per week.
- Only regular household garbage placed in containers with handles, weighing less than 23 kg (50 lbs), will be collected. Leaf and yard waste will not be accepted with regular garbage collection.
- Avoid accidents and injury. Remember people are handling your waste. Be mindful of the material you place out for collection as well as how it is set out. Wrap broken glass and sharp objects in paper or plastic bags before you put them out with your waste. Do not place hazardous materials in your garbage.
- If you need to dispose of extra garbage outside of your regular limit, tags can be purchased at a cost of $1.50 each at the following locations:
Ingleside - Foodland
Long Sault - Town Hall
St. Andrews West - Crossroads Convenience
- There is no large item curbside pick up in the Township.