Consent / Severance

Severances allow land owners to legally separate their property into two separate parcels/lots for the purpose of selling or leasing (for a period of at least 21 years) the severed land.

The United Counties of Stormont, Dundas and Glengarry are the approval authority for Consents/Severances within the Township of South Stormont. For more information about land severances/consents, or to obtain an application, visit the United Counties Website.

United Counties Consent Application

The Consent Process: A Step-by-Step Guide

County Consent / Severance Fees

Township Consent / Severance Fees