Payment Terms and Options
For your convenience, the Township of South Stormont offers a variety of payment options for your tax payments and water bills. Payments may be made through any of the following convenient avenues:
1. By pre-authorized payment
By pre-authorized payment, the plan options will save you money on postage and trips to physically pay your bill, you will not incur any late payment charges with this option;
Option 1: 10 monthly installments, withdrawn on the first business day of each month, from January to October. Payments from January to June are 10% of the previous year’s total with the difference between one year and the next being paid from July to October. Only accounts with no arrears may enroll.
Option 2: Withdrawal on the due date. Only accounts with no arrears may enroll.
Option 3: 12 monthly installments, withdrawn on the first business day of each month. Any property owner, regardless of account status, may enroll; interest is applicable with this option.
Water Bill: Pre-authorized payment is only available on the due date.
2. By telephone, internet or personal banking through participating financial institutions
Please ensure that your method of payment allows sufficient time for processing; payments must be received at the Township office by the due date. In most cases 3 business days are needed for processing.
In order to avoid penalties on your Property account or your Water/Sewer (Utility) account, please ensure to select the right payee from your bank list as well as the roll number provided on the respective billing when making online or telephone payments.
3. In person
Pay in person via cash, cheque or debit at the Township of South Stormont, 2 Mille Roches Road, open Monday to Friday, 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM. There is also an “after hours” drop box just right of the front door should you wish to pay by cheque after hours. Post-dated cheques are accepted.
4. By mailing your payment to:
Township of South Stormont
PO Box 84
Long Sault, ON
* Please remember to mail your payment in advance to ensure it arrives prior to the due date;
Terms and conditions for pre-authorized payment options:
- Enrollment in the pre-authorized payment plan is automatically renewed each year; any changes affecting payment will be forwarded prior to implementation.
- If, for any reason, a payment is returned, you will be subject to a $30.00 service charge. You are required to remit the amount of the returned payment, plus the service charge before the next pre-authorized payment is withdrawn. If any two payments are returned in a twelve month period, your enrollment in the Pre-Authorized Payment Plan may be terminated.
- If you wish to be removed from this payment plan, or if your banking information changes, you must notify the municipal office in writing at least fifteen (15) days before the next pre-authorized payment is due.
- Application for Pre Authorized Payment of Property Taxes
- Application for Pre Authorized Payment of Water and Sewer
- Property Tax Information Handout
- Interim payment: Last business day of March
- First final payment: Last business day of June
- Second final payment: Last business day of September
Tax payments are due on or before the due date. A penalty of 1.25% is added to all outstanding tax accounts the day after the payment is due and continues to be added on the first day of each month until the account is paid in full.
Water & Sewer
Water bills are billed quarterly, in April, July, October, and January.
Payments are due and payable no less than thirty (30) days after the date of mailing. A penalty of ten percent (10%) shall be added to the current bill if payment is not received on or before the due date.