Township of South Stormont Parks and Recreation Master Plan
The Township of South Stormont is updating its Parks and Recreation Master Plan! The previous plan was developed in 2007, with a Recreation Development Plan completed in 2009 which prioritized key actions and provided a strategic implementation plan to guide planning for the Parks and Recreation Department. Since this time, a number of strategic projects have been implemented, focused on enhancing existing facilities and recreational activities through the provision of new programs and amenities.
- The 2007 Master Plan document can be accessed here.
- The 2009 Phase II Recreation Development Plan can be accessed here.
The Township has commissioned Sierra Planning and Management - a multi-disciplinary planning firm, to assess and update the Master Plan to ensure parks and recreation services and facilities continue to address community needs while balancing a fiscally responsible implementation plan.
The Plan will assist the Township in guiding and managing the direction of parks, open space, trails, facilities and amenities, services, programs and events. The goal of the update is to identify key requirements to support recreational service needs for a further ten (10) year period (to 2030).
Proposed Project Timeline
South Stormont’s Parks and Recreation Master Plan will be developed through extensive community engagement. Over the course of the project the consulting team will engage a range of stakeholders such as community groups, sport organizations, public, private, and not-for-profit agencies, as well as the public in identifying current needs, issues and priorities as it relates to developing parks and recreation in the Township.
The project will employ a range of means to gather public input including a series of public consultation sessions. Keep checking this webpage to follow the progress of the project and see how you can provide your input on the Master Plan.
Past community engagement:
- Initial Introductory Public Consultation (August 13, 2019, 6:00pm - 8:00pm) - View Presentation Here
- Online Survey for Residents (August 13 to September 27)
- Online Survey for Sport and Recreation Groups - October 1 to October 31
Upcoming/Current community engagement includes:
- Due to concerns of the potential spread of the COVID-19 virus, the Township of South Stormont made the decision to cancel the Public Consultation that was scheduled for Tuesday, March 24. We will provide an update once the meeting is rescheduled.
For More Information
For more information regarding the Township of South Stormont Parks and Recreation Master Plan project, please contact the Kevin Amelotte, Director of Parks and Recreation